Newport Oregon Marathon! - 05.30.09

Here we are at the start line! BEAUTIFUL Oregon morning.
some fog & perfect temp!it certainly didn't stay cold! The sun came out, but it was still so nice! just had to shed the sweatshirt... unless you are Saralyn who only weighs like 10 lbs or something like that... Ü
adventually i even wished that i had worn a tank, but i just ended up pulling my sleeves up through the shoulders on my sports bra. improvised!our Very handsome photog & biggest course fan! THANKS CHRIS!!! (nice self portrait!) at this point, i had rounded the 'turn-around' point and was headed to the finish!
More than half way there! When i first saw this picture... I was kinda bummed that it came out, out-of-focus. However, the more i thought about it... this was around mile 20 or so i think... and it is a picture of exactly how i felt! HAHA!
I sorta remember Chris asking me how i felt. "I am spent!" i think i said...
right before my second wind kicked in and i was able to finish pretty strong! After 50 million miles of uphill at the end... finally there was about 2 feet of downhill to the finish! GOSH that last few miles uphill was a nightmare!
I seriously LOVE this picture!! OH! MY! GOSH! i FINISHED a Marathon!
Everybody throw your hands up in the air!
yippi!
FINISHED!! you can't go to the coast... without eating @ Mo's! Best seafood around!
I had a Ceaser chicken salad! HAHA!

Comments

Carrie said…
Way to go, Jod. You are an inspiration! I am so proud of you. You have come so far! I love you!
Julie said…
JODI!! You are so awesome! You look amazing in these photos! Seriously I don't think your allowed to look that cute while running a marathon! Your beautiful and I am so proud of you and your amazing accomplishment! So fun that you could run this with Sara and Spence (and Chris). Love you!
Cristy said…
Congratulations, Jodi! You are amazing!
Jen and Kent said…
Absolutely amazing!! Way to go Jodi! What a huge accomplishment...now what's next? I think you have accomplished it all and now you're ready to take on the world! I am so proud!
Jen and Kent said…
p.s. while I was looking at these photos I was thinking about your half marathon in Moab. Remember how misserable you were after? Not a happy camper! I was laughing to see all the smiles and happiness after a full marathon...quite the improvement don't you think?
Nan Campbell said…
It was awesome to see your face at the end of the race...lookin' good and all smiles! What a great accomplishment. Congratulations Jodi!
Robyn said…
Way to go Jodi! You're amazing! I saw Carrie mentioned you ran a marathon over the weekend and I had to come see your report. I bet it felt so good to finish a marathon. There is nothing you can't do :-) You are such a great example to your kids! You look absolutely radiant!
auntieC said…
You are strong,You are invincible,You are woman.... (thank you Helen Reddy)

But really Jods, I am so proud of you, and all that you have accomplished.
Stacey said…
Congratulations on such an awesome acheivement!!! WOW!!! You are an inspiration!

Have a great day! ~Stacey
Prilla said…
Jodi you are amazing! Way to go! You are such an inspiring person. Keep it up.
Flora said…
Dear sweet Jodi!!!, What a triumph!!!
You and your blog are ALWAYS so inspirational, it's been too long since I've come over to visit.
I have to make it a point to visit more often so that I might always be inspired...
Thank you and blessings,
Flora

Popular Posts